FAQ (For Food Technology Programme)
- Why to study at Centre for Health and Applied Sciences, Ganpat University?
- Ganpat University has established an eminent Centre for Health and Applied Sciences in the year of 2018 with the futuristic goal of betterment in the field of food, nutrition and health science education and research & development.
- The Centre for Health and Applied Sciences offers well-structured Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics), B.Sc. (Food Technology), and M.Sc. (Food Technology) programme.
- Excellent Infrastructure and facilities.
- Semester system, timely completion of courses and timely award of degrees.
- Five day per week teaching schedule (9 am to 4 pm)
- Regular teachers counselling with students for their betterment and future career development.
- Industrial visits and academic tours.
- Opportunity to participate in various academic activities such as Conference, Seminar, Workshop, Symposium, STTP, Quiz etc.
- Placement support.
- Regular Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
- Regular activities of the Institute: Celebration of National Science Day, National Mathematics Day, Teacher’s Day, Annual Day, Orientation Program for newly admitted students, Youth Festival, Annual Sports Day etc.
- Is the degree valid all over the world?
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has granted approval to Ganpat University with effect from 05-02-2007 under Section 2(f), and the University is a member of Association Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- What courses are being offered and of what duration?
- Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics) – 2 semester
- B. Sc. (Food Technology)-6 semesters
- M. Sc. (Food Technology)-4 semesters
4. What are the eligibility criteria?
- For Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics): Higher Secondary Certificate (10+2) in any stream or equivalent from the recognized board
- For B.Sc. (Food Technology): Higher Secondary Certificate (10+2) in Science (PCB/PCM/PCMB) or equivalent from the recognized board.
- For M.Sc. (Food Technology): B.Sc. or B.Tech completed from a recognized university with Food Technology, Food Processing, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Home Science, Food Science and Nutrition, Dietetics, BAMS [Ayurveda] and other related specializations.
- What is the Admission procedure?
- Admission shall be given on merit basis
- What is the intake capacity of the course? (Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s)
- Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics) –
- B. Sc. (Food Technology) – 60 seats
- M. Sc. (Food Technology) –30 seats
- What is the examination pattern?
- Institute has adopted Choice Based Credit System (C.B.C.S)
- University Semester End Examination: 60% Weightage
- Internal Examination & continuous Evaluation: 40% Weightage
- What is the fee structure?
- Tuition fees
Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics): Rs. 30000/- per semester
B.Sc. (Food Technology): Rs.30000/- per semester
M.Sc. (Food Technology): Rs. 32500/- per semester
- Other fees
Rs. 1500 /- per semester for B.Sc. and Rs.1500/- per semester for M.Sc.
Rs. 1500 /- per semester for B.Sc. and Rs. 2000/- per semester for M.Sc.
Convocation fee: Rs. 2500 (One time in final semester)
- Is there any scholarship/ stipends/ fee waiver schemes available?
- The Institute gives awards and scholarships to the meritorious students securing first, second and third positions. Also the certificates for the extraordinary performance and participation in curricular/extracurricular activities are provided.
- Gold medals are also given by the University for the first rank students during the annual convocation.
- The scholarships provided by State Govt. for SC/ST can be availed as per government norms.
- Early bird scholarship is given to the graduating students of Ganpat University who wish to continue their further study in any of the PG program at Ganpat University.
- Is there education loan facility available?
Needy students can avail Education Loan for supporting their studies at the University. Following banks support Ganpat University students for Sanctioning Education loan.
- Baroda Gujarat Garmin Bank
- Mehsana Urban Bank
- Union Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Is there any Is there any scholarship scheme available for meritorious student?
- The college provides scholarships to meritorious students per semester. First Rank (75% of semtution fee), Second Rank (50% of semtution fee), Third Rank (25% of semtution fee)
- What is the DG Award for student achievements?
- The DG’s medals is awarded to the outstanding students who have; made a distinguished contribution to the local or wider community, and/or brought exemplary recognition to Institute/University, and achieved a high level of academic performance and scholarly work, as well as significant contributions to the profession, discipline, Institute and/or University and service to the community.
- What are the facilities at CHAS?
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Advanced and sophisticated instruments in the laboratories
- Spacious classrooms with ICT enabled tools
- Rich library with free book bank and internet facility
- State of the art advanced and sophisticated laboratories for analysis
- Experienced & highly qualified faculties
- Computer Laboratory for Web surfing/Internet facilities
- What is placement insight of CHAS?
- The centre is regularly conducting campus interviews.
- 100% placement assistance based on student interest.
- Support for developing soft skills, communication skills, career development and personality development.
- For Food Technology: ITC Limited, Nestlé, Amul, Britannia Industries Ltd., McCain Foods, MTR Foods, Parle Products Private Limited, PepsiCoand others.
- Is institute provides hostel facility?
- Yes, Separate Hostel for boys and girls. For more detail please visit https://www.ganpatuniversity.ac.in/content/hostel-fees-structure
- What are transportation facilities?
- Transportation facility is available from Ahmedabad (All Area), Gandhinagar, Mahesana, Unjha, Kalol, Palanpur, Himmatnagar, Patan, Siddhpur and Visnagar with reasonable rates.
- What are the Co-curricular and Extracurricular activities carried out at CHAS?
- Seminar/ workshop, guest lecture, personality development programmes, Industry visit and tour, Youth festival, One day picnics, orientation programme, Annual event (cultural event), Navaratri celebration, debate, elocution competitions, NSS and Adventure Camps, Sports activities (State level and National level) etc.
- Is there any sports facility at the campus?
- Cricket Ground, Loan Tennis Court, Volley Ball Ground, Foot Ball Ground, Hand Ball Ground, Indoor Games, Gymnasium, Swimming pool etc.
- What about other amenities on campus?
- Banking facilities with ATMs, Post office, Shopping Center, Canteen and Dispensary.
- What should I do after completion of my Bachelor’s?
- Industry/M.Sc./Government Job/Further study abroad
- What is the specialization at Master’s degree?
- Centre for Health and Applied Sciences offers Food Technology in Master’s degree.
- What are future scopes of Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics), B.Sc. & M.Sc. degree?
- For Certificate (Health, Nutrition and Dietetics): Jobs in Health and Wellness centers, sports centers, media writers specifically for dietetics and nutrition., and starts your own business.
- For B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Food Technology: Jobs in government and private sectors like Research & Development in food industries (R & D), Dairy industries, Food packaging industries, marketing manager, QC/QA manager, Consultancy services, Production & Manufacturing of food products, Food testing and analysis laboratories, Regulatory Affairs, FCI, FSSAI, Lecturer in govt./private degree/diploma colleges, Food inspector, Food Safety Officer, Higher Studies (India/Abroad), Opportunities Abroad.
- For further queries:
Centre for Health and Applied Sciences, Mehsana-Gozaria Highway, Kherva, Ganpat Vidyanagar, Mehsana, Gujarat 384012
Contact Person :
Dr. Ravindra Agrawal – +91 9998405838